Join Tennessee State Parks as we celebrate World Bee Day on May 20th by doing a virtual 5K! A portion of the proceeds from this virtual 5K will benefit our Tennessee State Park Honey Project, which helps establish honey bee hives in state parks across the state. Check out the Honey Project at this link for more information, https://tnstateparks.com/honey-project. This event is open to all skill levels who like to run, walk, or a combination of both!
The race kicks off when you are ready to go any day between May 15th and May 22rd, either on a treadmill around your neighborhood, or any course you choose. You can log your time at any point during the week. We encourage everyone to complete your miles on May 20th in spirit of celebrating World Bee Day!
Register any time between now to May 22, 2021. We encourage all runners to register before May 5th to be guaranteed a finisher medal.
Virtual 5K Race:
The registration fee is $20. This fee includes a virtual bib, finishers medal, and a certificate for donating to the Tennessee State Park Honey Project.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Registrations after May 5th are not guaranteed a medal.
- Race swag will be sent out after race week.
HOW TO LOG YOUR TIME:
Logging Your Time
- Go to the Honey Bee results page, then select the results for Honey Bee Virtual 5K. The ItsYourRace results page for the 5K will appear.
- Find your name in the results under Honey Bee Virtual 5K. With your name, you will see an "Update Time" button. Click "Update Time".
- If you are not currently logged into ItsYourRace, a login window will appear. Log in using your ItsYourRace user ID and password.
- Enter your time and click the "Save Your Time" button.
For additional information about the race or for sponsorship opportunities please contact Emily.Stevenson@tn.gov.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING THE BEES, YOU'RE THE BEE'S KNEES!